Advanced Structural Technologies (AST) is an Oxnard; CA based manufacturing business that produces product for a variety of industries using Forging, Flow Forming and Machining technologies. AST currently has an opening for a high energy “hands-on” Maintenance Technician.
Responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical and mechanical components of various pieces of CNC equipment in a high volume industrial environment.
- Ensure that all aspects of the preventative and corrective maintenance program are being fulfilled as they relate to electrical, mechanical and control system requirements.
Skills and Abilities should include:
- Have a strong background in machine maintenance with a solid fundamental understanding of electrical control systems.
- Must have experience with 480 volt three-phase wiring.
- Must be able to use analog and digital multimeters.
- Ability to understand detailed electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Ability to effectively diagnose machine electrical and mechanical system malfunctions and concisely detail root cause(s) of malfunctions.
- Provide electrical support to and install new equipment.
- AC/DC amplifiers, servomotor repair and maintenance.
- Have a strong understanding and repair knowledge of CNC mills and lathes.
- Have experience with Okuma OSP, Haas and Fanuc controls.
The ideal candidate should have a strong electrical background in troubleshooting electrical equipment including PLC’s, motor controls, temperature controls and other equipment up to 480VAC in a manufacturing environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.